Tuesday, 11 February 2014

U.S Justice Department Was Working To Build A Case Against Suspected Terrorist

US-Justice-Department-Was-Working-To-Build-A-Case-Against-Suspected-Terrorist, online news, online news streaming, online news sources, latest news, latest world news, latest online news, latest world news today, latest news 2014, 2014 news, latest world news today, latest world news headlines, news today, news today live, headline news, headline news today, headline news 2014, live news online, US news, Us online news, latest us news, latest us news headlines


United State: The pencil case of an American citizen and assumed member of al-Qaida who is purportedly planning attacks on U.S. targets overseas underscores the complexities of President Barack Obama’s new stricter targeting guiding principle for the use of deadly drones.


According to the Four U.S officials, the American suspected terrorist is in a country that refuses U.S. military action on its soil and that has proved unable to go after him.


According to the Obama’s new policy, American suspected terrorist overseas can only be killed by the military, not the CIA, creating a policy conundrum for the White House.


According to the two officials, the man as an al-Qaida facilitator who has been directly responsible for deadly attacks against U.S citizens overseas and who continues to plan attacks against them that would use improvised explosive devices.


Jay Carney (White House press secretary) said, He would not comment on specific operations and pointed to Obama’s comments in the major counterterrorism speech Last May about drone policy.


Jay Carney (White House press secretary) said (quoting from Obama’s speech last year), When a U.S. citizen goes abroad to wage war against America and is actively plotting to kill U.S.


citizens, and when neither the United States, nor our partners are in a position to capture him before he carries out a plot, his citizenship should no more serve as a shield than a sniper shooting down on an innocent crowd should be protected from a SWAT team.


Two of the U.S officials said, the justice Department review of the American suspected terrorist started last fall.

The senior administration official confirmed that the Justice Department was working to build a case against the suspected terrorist.


The officials said, however, the legal procedure being followed is the same as when the U.S. killed militant cleric and former Virginia resident Anwar al-Awlaki by drone in Yemen in 2011, long before the new targeted killing policy took effect.



U.S Justice Department Was Working To Build A Case Against Suspected Terrorist

No comments:

Post a Comment