According to the U.S official, Russia has balked at sharing specific information on terror threats made against the Sochi Olympic with Washington.
The Obama government in the meantime in public clogged short of expressing full confidence in a considerable Russian security operation in front of the generous impressive opening next month in the Black Sea resort and nearby mountains.
Secret language of increasing US alarm followed a telephone talk on security at the Sochi Olympics between Presidents Obama and Vladimir Putin on Tuesday.
A senior US official told AFP on condition of anonymity that Russia has not been forthcoming in sharing threat information.
Jay Carney (White House spokesman) admitted earlier that there was concern in Washington about an uptick in reporting of threats by Islamic extremists relating to the Sochi Games.
Carney said that, I would not be qualified or would not want to venture to assess overall.
He also said that, these kinds of major events around the world obviously present security challenges.
US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel had already offered American support city of Volgograd last month Russia’s deadliest in three years that 34 people killed.
Michael McCaul (chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee) said that, there had been good cooperation between Russian authorities & the Federal of Investigation.
Another republic lawmaker said. US officials were not getting all the information they needed to protect athletes at the Games.
He also said that, what we are finding is they are not giving the full story about what are the streams, which we need to worry about.
U.S: Russia Not Sharing Detailed Information Beside Sochi Olympic
No comments:
Post a Comment