Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Nigeria 'Raids Boko Haram Cell Associated to Kidnappings'

Nigeria-Raids-Boko-Haram-Cell-Associated-to-Kidnappings


The Nigerian Islamist militant group Boko Haram has claimed that they will not free the girls until the security forces never release all detained militants.


Nigerian authorities say, has raided a Boko Haram intelligence unit considered to be associated to the recent kidnapping of over 200 schoolgirls.


The international sources told, Mr. Ya’ari had been actively involved in the abduction of these girls as well as the killing in May of a traditional leader, the Emir of Gwoza. Over 2,000 people have been killed this year in attacks accused on Boko Haram fighters.


He utilized contribution in a civilian vigilante group combating Boko Haram to cover up his work spying for the militants, the army said, adding that he had co-ordinated “several deadly attacks in Maidugiri”, the capital of Borno state, since 2011.


The defense ministry said they had also detained women from the intelligence cell. The security forces claims couldn’t be independently confirmed.


The Nigerian Islamist militants kidnapped over 200 girls from their schools in Borno state on 14 April, Many are still missing.


Boko Haram says it will not free the girls until the military release all detained militants.


The government says it knows where the kidnappings are, however, a rescue could lead to the girls being killed.



Nigeria 'Raids Boko Haram Cell Associated to Kidnappings'

No comments:

Post a Comment